Sign in or
How to make your own ouija board
- First you need to find an old calendar or magazine. This will be the source for your letters & numbers. You may simply write out numbers on paper if you wish.
- Second cut out A-Z & 0-9. Cut out some extra letters to spell out yes, no & goodbye.
- Find an old surface to tape the letters to. Some choose to make a temporary board by taping letters to an inexpensive card table. I don't recommend doing this on good furniture. You may make a permanent board by gluing letters to an old piece of wood or cardboard.
- Lay out the letters A-M in a line slightly arched, then a second line below in N-Z. Leave space between each character. Place yes in the upper left & no in the upper right corners. Place the numbers 1-0 below the letters & finally, spell out goodbye along the very bottom. This is just the basic layout of the most commonly used talking board. Feel free to be creative. You may create a circular board with letters around it. You can do whatever you like, just make sure the important information like numbers & letters are listed, as well as a way for the spirit to say goodbye.
- For permanent boards, like those on cardboard, you may want to buy an acrylic varnish for a topping. You can find this at art supply stores. For wood just use a basic clear lacquer or varnish. These coatings should prolong the life of your board. Please note, that this method is for inexpensive woods. For more expensive woods, you may want to carve, paint or burn letters & numbers into the board, then top with a wood varnish.
- Last but not least you need an indicator or planchette. The most commonly used home indicator is a clear drinking glass. You will use this upside down, placing fingertips on base of glass & letting the glass pass over letters & numbers. Please take caution in using glass with spirit communication. I've heard stories of ghosts smashing glasses. I've never tried using plastic, but you may want to give it a try first to see if it works. Just make sure it is clear. If you try anything else as a planchette with success & would like to share it with us, please do.
That's it! Just be careful as always when crafting an item, decide what layout works best for you & have fun. Experiment with colors, symbols or whatever seems right for you. You can add tarot cards, runes, planetary symbols, etc. Please take the time to read some tips on how to use a talking board before you start. -Robin
For a planchette or indicator in using a home made channeling board, I have heard that placing an ash tray upside-down is a very effective idea -
Latest page update: made by wolf_goddess
, Jan 5 2007, 2:16 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by wolf_goddess
474 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|DAVEA38||ouija||0||Oct 25 2011, 6:14 PM EDT by DAVEA38|
|chgz||i tryed out the ouija bord instucshons||1||May 30 2010, 4:41 AM EDT by priscilla_laree_sage|
Thread started: Oct 28 2008, 8:45 AM EDT Watch
well so far iv bin looking over the net and your the most detaild of them all, i made my own ouija bord and tryd it out, SUKSESS, me and my friend had a conversashon with the "dead" and useing a plastic cup is a bad idea as it didnt move much, it just stayd still.
19 out of 19 found this valuable. Do you?
Keyword tags: ouija bord homemade
|Kozybabes||I made one||0||Jan 24 2010, 9:33 PM EST by Kozybabes|
Showing 3 of 3 threads for this page